Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Conch Republic: ' Where weird turns pro..'


I was walking home from the 'office' some days ago, and passed by the neighborhood gas station and witnessed the above pictured 'vehicle'. My first thought was: 'only in the Florida Keys!!' But, then I noticed that this contraption was licensed in and from the state of Michigan! It is referred to as a 'Boatmobile'.
The Florida Keys are also known as the ''Conch Republic". It is a comparatively small republic and I think populated by wonderful people in much the same way as small towns anywhere can be. It s also a place that attracts people with a different way of looking at things, and I am among them.
One of my friends, George, coined the descriptive phrase that titles this blog post. And when I saw the 'boatmobile' I also thought of George's quote.
Weird or not or Pro or not, it is actually a pretty cool, to me at least, vehicle. And at times, I find myself in envy of others' imaginations and creativity. For more about its story you can visit: www.myspace.com/themagicboat

If you want to leave a comment; 'mouse- curse- and- click' over the time stamp below and it will open this post in a new window enabling you to do so.

No comments: