Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter came......


Over a month ago I posted that winter was coming.  Well, it came!  Most reading this will already know that record low temperatures were experienced here in the Florida Keys and in Key Largo.   As I type we are not through with this weather and cold.  Very few souls have braved the cold air and water temps to scuba dive during these past weeks.  Most locals have dug out clothing that they wore in other lives and when they lived 'up North' in 'cold country'.   Pictured above are two examples! 

I was in a local dive store a couple days ago and was taken back by the fact that one of the sales reps was wearing a 'parka' (I question my spelling as it has been over 15 years since I've seen one, let alone spell it)!

I always carry a pocket camera and couldn't resist asking whether I could get a picture of this 'event'!  My models were great and agreed.  

It's been a month since my last blogpost.  So, missed an opportunity to wish everyone happy holidays and the best for 2010.  Right now am wishing it would warm up and soon so we can all get back in the water and truly enjoy our time there.  

Stay warm and healthy everybody!  lg


If you want to leave a comment; 'mouse- curse- and- click' over the time stamp below and it will open this post in a new window enabling you to do so.

No comments: