Monday, June 8, 2009

High Season for Diving!



Our high season for scuba diving and underwater photography in the Florida Keys has arrived! And along with it the return of a few of my regular scuba diving and underwater photography students and clients!
Pictured above are James and Jill and Jame's dad in the background, Steve. These 'guyz' were back in Key Largo diving and doing underwater photography for five days in late May. We had wonderfull conditions with clear water, calm seas and warming water temperatures.
The next photograph is of another one of my 'guyz', Rob, who coincidentally joined us for a couple days to test out his new underewater camera system, a Nikon D90 and housed in an Ikelite housing. Rob is on his way to Sulawasi and wanted to make sure his new system was up and running before going that far. I think Rob should take me along just to be on the safe side, but, that is another story!
I'm trying to get into a routine to blog once a week or so, but, our high season is upon us and I am far behind in that goal!
I guess , deep down inside, I would rather dive than blog but am doing my best to do both.
The best time of year to dive in Key Largo, in my view is during the months of May thru the month of September. This is because we usually have the best weather for scuba diving. Warming water temps, calm(er) seas and conditions, and great visibility, approaching and averaging 80 to 100 ft.
My favorite month for scuba diving anywhere is the month of May. Because, to me, the ocean seems to come alive with life and action. So, this past month that is what I've been doing. Hope to see many more of you 'guyz' in the coming months.
Because, high season for Scuba Diving is here!
lg
If you want to leave a comment; 'mouse- curse- and- click' over the time stamp below and it will open this post in a new window enabling you to do so.

No comments: