Saturday, October 11, 2008

Your own Website!


Obviously I have my own website, a virtual domain, www.larrygates.com. And it is rich in content and particularly photographic imagery. I make changes to my site each year, and some miner changes during the year and adding images has always been a real chore for me, the scuba diver, to do. I managed to learn how and in that process later came across a person who can create much easier to edit websites than mine.

His name is Mike and is pictured above. He is a friend now, and before that one of my Rescue Diver students and is also a friend of another friend of mine, Hans. Hans was also one of my Rescue Diver students and took instruction from me in underwater photography.

As a new underwater photographer, Hans wanted his own website where he could feature his work and one in which was 'mo betta' than using the more mainstream and (I think) mundane photo sharing sites 'out there' in cyberspace.

Since then, I had another long time scuba student and dive client, Steve , who also took instruction from me in underwater photography and completed his course about a year or so ago. Steve, like Hans, determined to have a website also. Steve, as Hans did, engaged Mike to construct and launch Steve's website.

Check these sites out:
http://www.hansdejager.com/

To me, Mike's websites are very rich in both appearance and features and you can see for yourself by 'clicking-on' either or both of the links in this post that take you to Hans's and Steve's websites!! The big advantage that both Hans and Steve derive from their sites is their ease in setting up Galleries and adding their images to these Galleries. Their images are first viewed as thumbnails and mouse cursing over them leads to a larger view. The images are also 'right-click- protected.

So, I am impressed, and thought I would pass this on to you, the readers of my blog. In the event you are contemplating having your own website and having one that is easy for a scuba diver to add to, edit or whatever!!

Mike is a good guy (as you can tell by the photo of him I added to this post), a scuba diver and now Rescue Diver, and also a very smart 'techie-guy'! Mike can be reached via an email to: mikeselleck@msn.com

Tell Mike, Larry sent ya!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Larry! Hmm, I may be the first person to post a comment on your blog! Let's hope it works!