Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sulawesi and Rob










Hello all!
I just finished a fairly substantial undertaking and that was to review over 2000 images that one of my underwater photography students took during a trip he made to Sulawesi. Rob and I first met when we were both shooting film, and, 'back in the day...'
This spring Rob contacted me and had questions about his migrating to digital and he did migrate by sticking with his Nikon / Ikelite scheme. After Rob bought his new housed dSLR system he managed a quick trip here to Key Largo, in May, to do some familiarization dives with it.
This was all in preparation for an ambitious trip to Sulawesi this summer. He made the trip, and got along famously with his new underwater camera system; as a sampling of his images posted here demonstrate.
These are a very small sampling of the many wonderful images that Rob took and brought back with him during his trip. In my review I was constantly overwhelmed by the myriad of subjects, most of which I do not know by name, that Rob encountered on his dives. Rob says- 'each dive'!
Rob shared the photographic results of a wonderful dive trip with me and I am taking the time to share a small part of it with all of you.
Congrats Rob, on your trip and successful outcome with your new camera system. I for one am extremely green with envy! Thanx too for taking and wearing my logo-ed tee-shirt!
lg

If you want to leave a comment; 'mouse- curse- and- click' over the time stamp below and it will open this post in a new window enabling you to do so.

No comments: